Whites of Kent is a family company now into the third generation of close family members. The original story begins with a young ambitious girl of 18 who knew all about stocking repair machines. She travelled to Australia by boat then on to Switzerland and Paris where she trained women and gave demonstrations on the stocking machines (quite an amazing feat for such a young girl in those days). On her return to London UK in 1934, her and her husband (Mr F. White) started doing stocking repairs for Selfridges, Barkers and Davies from their home. Mr White cycled to the stores to collect the stockings and Mrs White repaired them. During 1953 they and their son (Mr B. White) opened two mens outfitters shops in Ruislip and Wembley, London. The industry grew and they opened up a stocking repair factory in one of the Gun Powder Mills' warehouses in Oare, Kent employing 15 to 20 women and then moved to The White House in Preston Street Faversham. In 1954 the retail side commenced again with a ladies underwear shop in Faversham's Market Street, followed by a fashion shop in Market Street and then our current shop in Court Street. We have also had shops in Sittingbourne, Herne Bay, West Malling and Folkestone and currently have shops in Faversham, Whitstable, Dover, Sandwich and Cliftonville. The 3rd generation of the family started coming into the family firm in 1979. We are a private company who pride our selves on our personel service to all our customers. Thankyou.